When you travel alone, choosing a hotel doesn’t require much thought. You only have to think about your needs and preferences, so it’s not much trouble to find something that will suit you. But when you travel with your whole family, there are a whole lot of things to take into consideration and a lot more boxes that a hotel has to tick.
If you want to take your family on a trip to London, there are some great family-friendly hotels that will make your visit run smoothly. Here are our top 5 picks:
1. The Ampersand Hotel, Kensington – This boutique hotel offers an intimate and laid-back atmosphere that will make you feel like you’re at home away from home. The tranquil and cosy rooms make it a great choice for families. Kids can get bored easily when staying at a hotel, but here they will be much too busy playing in the games room. Wonderful children’s books, fun games and even a ping-pong table will keep the little ones entertained when you’re not out and about. You can opt for deluxe suites that feature kitchenettes or for interconnecting rooms.
2. The Nadler Victoria – If you’re looking for a family-friendly but also a budget-friendly hotel, this is where you’ll get the best of both worlds. The comfortable spacious rooms have kitchenettes, perfect for cooking fast little breakfasts and snacks. The deluxe rooms can accommodate two adults and two children and there are no extra charges for baby cots. There’s also the possibility to arrange babysitting services.
3. Brown’s, Mayfair – If you want something more luxurious, Brown’s is a hotel that will spoil you and your children. The vast elegant rooms are great for running around and the kids will love the toys, the play tent, the baby bath products and rubber duck in the bathroom, as well as the personalized treats that will be waiting for them. In addition, there’s a spa where kids aged 4-16 can receive special mini-treatments and a 24-hour babysitting service to help parents have a stress-free stay.
4. St. James’s Hotel and Club, Mayfair – Set in a quiet and peaceful location, this hotel has something that will make every parent’s life easier – a kids’ concierge always prepared to keep the little ones entertained with interesting and fun activities based on the children’s ages. You can choose a stylish deluxe suite for two adults and two children or interconnecting rooms.
5. Haymarket Hotel, Strand – The 5-star hotel has a quirky colourful style that kids will definitely enjoy. Children will be pampered with special welcome gifts, board games, kids’ bathrooms products and milk and cookies at bedtime. The hotel’s swimming pool is child-friendly and the restaurant offers a delicious children’s menu. The suites can accommodate two extra beds, but larger families can also choose two-bedroom suites or the townhouse with five double bedrooms.
Travelling with your family can be an exciting adventure and choosing a great hotel will definitely make the experience even more entertaining.